The City of Covington issues a friendly reminder that Real Estate Tax Bills are due on Monday, October 16, 2017.
If payment is received after October 16, the payment is considered delinquent and the taxpayer may incur penalties and interest. Please be advised that failure to receive a bill does not excuse you from penalty and or interest charges.
Property owners can pay their City of Covington Real Estate Tax Bill one of the following ways:
- Online: Visit the City's Search and Pay website at covingtonkytax.com.
- By Mail: P.O. Box 643749, Cincinnati, OH 45264.
- By Phone: By calling 859-292-2180.
- In person: Property owners can bring their bill and method of payment to the Finance Dept. pay window at City Hall, 20 W. Pike St., between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- After Hours Drop Box: For those unable to make their payment during City Hall operating hours, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, they are able to bring their bill and payment to the "After Hours Drop Box" located outside of City Hall. Payments dropped off after 4:30 p.m. on October 16 will be considered on time if received prior to October 17 at 8:00 a.m.
Please note, Real Estate Tax Bills are always due on October 15 unless the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the bill will be due the next business day. As a result, 2017 Real Estate Tax Bills are due on Monday, October 16, 2017.
The Real Estate Tax Bill shows:
- What you owe for property tax;
- Other property-related City agency charges;
- General information about how your tax is calculated.
For more information regarding your Real Estate Tax Bill, contact the City's Finance Department at 859-292-2180.
If you have any questions or problems with your real estate tax assessment, please contact the Kenton County Property Value Administrator at 859.392.1750.
For more information, please visit the City's website