The Covington Police Department uses Kentucky’s Online Crime Incident Reporting System. If you have an emergency, such as witnessing a crime in progress or a life-or-death situation, please call 911. The online citizen incident reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a draft copy of the police report for free.
Only the following crimes may be reported using civilian online incident reporting:
- Harrassing Communications
- Property Lost or Mislaid (Under $500)
- Criminal Mischief (Less than $1,000 damage)
- Fraudulent Use of a Credit Card or Debit Card (Under $500 over a six month period)
- Theft by Unlawful Taking (Under $500)
- Larceny from Auto (Under $500)
- Non-Criminal Property Damage
If you have one of these crimes to report, please confirm the following to find out if online citizen incident report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency.
- This incident occurred in Covington, Kentucky.
- There are no known suspects.
- You at least 18 years of age.
- You have a valid email address.
If you answered “yes” to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off any pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered “no” to any of the questions or if your incident involves a fire arm of any kind, please contact Kenton County Communications at 859-356-3191 to file a report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be able to print a draft copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- Your report will be reviewed by an officer and given a police report case number.
- Once it is reviewed, you receive an email stating that it has been approved.
- An approved copy of the report will be available for download at buycrimes.com.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- The approval/review process takes time and it may be up to 5-7 before the final report is available for download.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- To view your accident report, visit www.buycrash.com
- To view your incident report, visit www.buycrimes.com
To download the Police Department's Open Records Request Form, click here.