The Residential Parking Program operates only in the Historic Licking Riverside neighborhood, which is bordered by the Ohio and Licking rivers, runs south to Eighth Street and west to the north-south alley between Greenup Street and Scott Boulevard.
As indicated by posted signs, vehicles parked within these zones must display a parking permit. Only neighborhood residents with a permit can park. Residents who do not have a permit must comply with on-street signage requirements.
About the permits:
- Cost is $80.
- Are issued annually and expire in December.
- Include one visitor pass.
- Each household can obtain up to two permits and two visitor passes in a given year.
- Are coded to each resident's address for verification.
- Permits are window stickers and must appear in the rear window on the driver's side of the vehicle. Visitor passes must be hooked onto the rear-view mirror of visitors’ cars.
- Are valid only in the Licking Riverside neighborhood -- NOT at meters, in lots or garages, or other public parking areas.
To apply for a permit, fill out this PERMIT APPLICATION and mail it or deliver it in person, as explained on the form. Here is a BROCHURE about the Historic Licking Riverside residential parking permit program.