But holidays will affect transfer station hours
COVINGTON, Ky. – The holidays are a lot of work: Wrapping, baking, decorating, stringing lights, cleaning, opening boxes and emptying bottles etc. etc.
But as your trash and recycling carts start to fill up, there’s no need to stress: The Christmas and New Year’s holidays will have no impact on the trash & recycling pickup schedule in Covington this year, since both holidays fall on Sunday.
However, the holidays will affect hours at the Covington Transfer Station at the western end of Boron Drive run by Rumpke Waste & Recycling. The holiday schedule:
- Christmas Eve (Saturday): Closed to the public.
- Dec. 26 (Monday): Open to the public until noon.
- New Year’s Eve (Saturday): Closed to the public.
- Jan. 2, 2023 (Monday): Open to the public until noon.
Meanwhile, a few reminders that will help all of us reduce waste in landfills and mitigate the subsequent negative impact on the environment:
- LIGHTS: If you have holiday lights that aren’t working, you can drop them off in recycling bins at City Hall and several other places.
- TREES: If you put up a natural tree, we want to turn it into mulch after you take it down.
See TREES AND LIGHTS for details on both programs.
# # #