One of the Johnson Street entrances (Photo provided by Gravity Diagnostics)
At Gravity Diagnostics’ free drive-thru test site in Covington,
no appointment is needed
COVINGTON, Ky. – With caseloads and deaths climbing again because of the highly contagious Delta variant, the demand for COVID-19 testing has risen accordingly.
Fortunately, Gravity Diagnostics and the City of Covington have got you covered with a drive-thru testing site that:
- Is free.
- Requires no appointment.
- Is open seven days a week, from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- And offers same-day results, with the average turnaround time 7.6 hours.
“Our drive-thru is perfect for anyone who is going back into the office or school and needs to have a negative COVID-19 test result in order to do so,” said Emily Brucken, a spokeswoman for Gravity Diagnostics, the Covington firm that has emerged as a national leader in cutting-edge coronavirus testing. “It is also great for people who are traveling and need a negative test in a timely manner.”
Already, almost 300 people have been tested at the City-owned site at 302 West 4th St. – better known as the western parking lot on Johnson Street for former employees of the IRS.
Brucken said individuals will receive a PCR test, considered the “golden standard” for COVID-19 testing.
Both asymptomatic and symptomatic individuals are eligible for the test. Patients under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult to fill out a consent form for them and maybe help with administering the test.
“COVID-19 is still prevalent in our community, and it is crucial for people to still get tested,” Brucken said. “With so many new variants emerging, and people getting the virus even after being vaccinated, it’s important now more than ever to keep getting tested to help slow the spread of the virus.”
Covington Mayor Joe Meyer praised Gravity Diagnostics’ work and urged residents to use the testing site.
“For the sake of our families – not just their health but also their financial security and their economic livelihoods – we really need to stay on top of COVID-19 and its emerging variants,” he said. “That includes not only getting vaccinated, which is crucial, but also getting tested as needed.”
To receive the test:
- Enter through one of two entrances off Johnson Street (between Third and Fourth streets). Stay in your car throughout.
- Stop at the first tent to get registered.
- Stop at the second tent for the actual test. This is a self-administered swab under the guidance of Gravity Diagnostics professionals.
- Exit through the Third Street gate.
- Test results will be emailed the same day the test is administered. Results will come from noreply@gravitydiagnostics.
Gravity Diagnostics is a CAP-accredited and CLIA-licensed laboratory located in Covington. For additional information about the COVID-19 Drive-Thru, visit HERE.
# # #