COVINGTON, Ky. – Yesterday, Gov. Andy Beshear and Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) Secretary Jim Gray updated Kentuckians on the early morning vehicle crash and fire on the I-75 Brent Spence Bridge between Covington and Cincinnati. (click here for Gov. Andy Beshear full press release
Crews have worked overnight to clean up debris, and inspections are taking place. Until we receive more information from the state the current detours in place are listed below.
- I-75/71 northbound (NB) traffic from Kentucky is being detoured at I-275 westbound (WB) to I-75 NB and I-275 eastbound (EB) to I-471 NB and I-71 NB.
- I-71 southbound (SB) traffic is being detoured to I-471 SB and I-275 SB.
- I-75 SB is being detoured to I-275 WB.
- Detour onto I-471, I-71, I-74 and I-275 and U.S. 50 but expect heavier-than-normal traffic.
- Local traffic can use I-471 (Daniel Carter Beard Bridge) southbound into northern Kentucky and 4th St.Veterans Bridge (KY 8), the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge (U.S. 25), and the Taylor Southgate Bridge (U.S. 27).
The Roebling bridge has been closed because of weight concerns with the increase of traffic.
# # #