The Covington Board of Commissioners has been meeting virtually since late March.
Public can attend tonight with restrictions, or watch at home
COVINGTON, Ky. - For the first time in almost four months, tonight’s meeting of the Covington Board of Commissioners will be conducted in person and open to the public - but with attendance restrictions.
The meeting begins at 6 p.m. in the Commission chambers at City Hall, 20 West Pike St., and will be streamed live on numerous communications channels (see below).
But because of health threats posed by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Attendees must stay home if they are sick.
- Per Gov. Beshear’s requirements, attendees will be screened, and anyone exhibiting fever or symptoms of COVID-19, and/or who has had direct exposure to COVID-19 will be asked to leave.
- Face masks that cover mouths and noses will be required.
- Seating will be spaced to ensure there is a minimum of 6 feet between seats.
- Public attendance will be limited to the number of seats available or 50 percent of occupancy, as mandated by the Governor. That number will depend on the number of staff/media that will be in attendance. On a practical level, officials expect there will be only 11 seats available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis.
“We believe these requirements follow the letter of Gov. Beshear’s health guidelines in an effort to keep everybody safe while allowing the public access to their local government,” said Assistant City Manager Bruce Applegate, the City’s point person on the pandemic.
The Commission has been conducting virtual meetings since March 20.
Note that tonight’s meeting is a caucus meeting at which the Commission will hear presentations from staff and discuss those issues.
There will not be opportunity for public comment, as that is reserved for legislative meetings.
To follow at home
The Covington Board of Commissioners meeting can be watched live on:
- Fioptics channel 815.
- Spectrum channel 203.
- The Telecommunications Board of Northern Kentucky (TBNK) website, www.tbnk.org/togo1.
- The TBNK Facebook page @TBNKonline.
- And the TBNK Roku channels.
# # #