COVINGTON, KY –The 96th Annual Memorial Day Parade will be held on Monday, May 29, 2017, honoring and remembering those who have fallen while serving the United States Armed Forces. The parade is sponsored by the United Veterans Memorial Association.
The parade starts at the Holmes High School campus at 2 p.m. and will proceed north on Madison Avenue, west on 19th Street, north on Holman Avenue, ending at Linden Grove Cemetery. Following the parade, there will be a memorial ceremony and salute at 3:15 p.m. at Linden Grove Cemetery.
Secretary of the United Veterans Memorial Day Committee Lori Acuff states, “It is an honor to help participate in Covington’s Memorial Day parade. Remembering those who have given their lives for American freedom should be acted on daily. But the parade, in its 96th year, allows us to join together to remember those who have fallen from the earliest of American battles to our current wars.”
Please note, during the parade, streets will be impacted and shut down to vehicular traffic.
Additionally, the United Veterans Memorial Association will host brief Memorial Day ceremonies and salutes at the following locations on Monday, May 29, 2017:
- Salute @ Marshall-Schildmeyer VFW Post 6095 - 7:00 a.m.
- Salute @ Latonia American Legion Post 203 - 7:45 a.m.
- Salute @ Korean War Memorial (Ritte’s Corner) - 7:55 a.m.
- Salute @ WWII Memorial (Holmes High School) - 8:15 a.m.
- Salute @ Vietnam Memorial (Meinken Field) - 8:30 a.m.
- Salute @ Mother of God Cemetery - 8:45 a.m.
- Salute @ Floral Hills Memorial Garden - 9:05 a.m.
- Salute @ Highland Cemetery (Ft. Mitchell) - 10:00 a.m.
Ceremony times are approximate. All are welcome to attend any or all of the Memorial Day events.