Public Notice: ATTENTION ALL COVINGTON PROPERTY OWNERS, RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES THAT ARE HOSTING EVENTS FOR RIVERFEST
Event Date: Riverfest, Sunday August 31st, 2014
Impact Area and Restricted Access:
Downtown Covington north of 4th Street; Devou Park; Drees Pavilion; Kenton Hills; The Bluffs Condominiums and the Historic Licking Riverside Neighborhood (north of 4th & east of Madison).
It is advisable that you provide your expected guests with the information below describing the rules and procedures for the day of Riverfest.
- Madison Avenue will remain open to allow access to public parking lots and garages until they are full or 6:00 PM, whichever occurs first.
- Once the parking lots and garages have reached full capacity, Madison Avenue will be closed to through traffic north of 4th Street. (Exceptions are: TANK bus servicing the transit center, invitation holders to the Metropolitan Club and hotel guests with room keys and parking passes.)
- Rivercenter Blvd. will also be closed to vehicular traffic.
- Handicapped Accommodations: Handicapped Access will be available on Madison Avenue at all times.
No Alcohol in the Impact Area after 6:00p.m.
Covington is ALCOHOL FREE in all public places in the Impact Area. Anyone wishing to bring alcohol to a private party must have it into the restricted area before 6:00 pm. At 6:00 pm the Police will begin checking all coolers and will not allow anyone with alcohol to enter - private party or not. All coolers and beverage containers are subject to inspection.
- No Glass containers
- No Bicycles, Roller Blades, or Roller Skates
- No Skateboards
- No Fireworks
- No Pets are permitted in the area
- Coolers will be checked at checkpoints
- No Motorized Vehicles are permitted on the floodwall area
- NO VENDORS are permitted in the Restricted Area
- No Swimming in rivers
- No Parking in grassy areas in Devou Park
1. All streets north of 4th street and east of Madison Ave. are closed to all vehicular traffic at 6:00 p.m.
2. The Suspension Bridge will be closed to all traffic at 6:00 pm.
3. The Clay Wade Bailey Bridge will close at 6:00 p.m.
4. Certain areas within the Impact Area will be posted as "No Parking Tow Away Zones". Vehicles parked in these areas will be towed starting at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 31st, 2014. See reverse for specific street listing and map of Impact Area.
5. Devou Park, Kenton Hills and the Bluffs will have restricted traffic beginning at 4:00 PM. Access to these areas will be restricted to residents and their guests only.
6. Vehicles will not be permitted to leave the Impact Area until authorized by Safety Officials. The safe evacuation of the pedestrian traffic leaving the Riverside Drive viewing area will be their first concern. The Safety Officials will coordinate the traffic movement as soon as all pedestrians have safely cleared the area. This may be up to one hour after the fireworks have completed.
There will be no parking in the following areas:
- Riverside Drive (the entire street)
- Garrard Street in between East 2nd St. and Riverside Drive
- Kennedy St. in between East 2nd St. and Riverside Drive
- Shelby St. in between East 2nd St. and Riverside Drive
- Scott Blvd north of East 4th St. (including parking meters)
- Greenup St. north of East 4th St. (including parking meters)
- East 3rd Street east of Madison Ave. (including parking meters)
- Park Place (including parking meters)
- Court Street (including parking meters)
- Surface lots along the floodwall on Rivercenter Blvd in between Madison Ave and Johnson St.
- Below the Roebling Suspension Bridge
- Grass areas in Devou Park
The contact at the Police Department this year is:
Sgt. Wes Cook