Board of Architectural Review and Development (B.O.A.R.D.)
Expiration of Term
|Steven "Cody" Chitwood
|Dr. James Schafer, M.D., Ph.D.
City Contact: Dalton Belcher - firstname.lastname@example.org - 859-292-2135
The Board of Architectural Review and Development (BOARD) is established for the purposes of:
- Holistically applying the regulations of the Neighborhood Development Code and, where applicable, the Historic Covington Design Guidelines and similar guidelines adopted by the Covington Board of Commissioners to development within the City of Covington; and
- Preserving, rehabilitating, and preventing destruction of Covington's buildings, sites, and districts of cultural, architectural, historic, and/or archaeological significance; and
- Stabilizing and improving property values by encouraging rehabilitation, adaptive reuse, and new construction that will be harmonious with the unique contexts of Covington's neighborhoods; and
- Regulating development not as a museum but as a vibrant, evolving place with a mixture of people and ideas in which each succeeding generation may grow from the legacy investments in Covington and build with the quality, sensitivity, and long-term view of past generations; and
- Acting as a liaison on behalf of the City of Covington to individuals and organizations concerned with historic preservation and furthering the education of the public regarding historic preservation issues and concerns.
**The Board of Adjustment AND Urban Design Review Board have been eliminated (effective 10/14/2020). Some of the members of those Boards have been appointed to this NEW Board.**
- All application deadlines are 30 days before the associated meeting date. All meeting dates are on the third Wednesday of the month.
- Application Deadline (by 4:30pm) Applications are due to:
Economic Development Department Historic Preservation and Planning
20 West Pike Street
Covington, KY 41011
- Typical location and time of public meetings: 5:30pm in the Commission Chambers of City Hall, subject to change with notice.
- Once submitted all applications are public record and are available for viewing by the public.
- All BOARD meetings are public meetings and give the opportunity for the public comment in favor, against, or neutral to
the cases being heard.
Complete Application must be received by: Board Date:
December 19th, 2022 January 18th, 2023
January 17th, 2023 February 15th, 2023
February 13th, 2023 March 15th, 2023
March 20th, 2023 April 19th, 2023
April 17th, 2023 May 17th, 2023
May 22nd, 2023 June 21st, 2023
June 16th, 2023 July 19th, 2023
July 17th, 2023 August 16th, 2023
August 21st, 2023 September 20th, 2023
September 18th, 2023 October 18th, 2023
October 16th, 2023 November 15th, 2023
November 20th, 2023 December 20th, 2023
December 18th, 2023 January 17th, 2024
If you have any question or need additional information, Please don't hesitate to contact Dalton Belcher - email@example.com - 859-292-2135
APPLY TO SERVE ON BOARD
Interested in joining a board? Click here to apply online or fill out this application. Once completed, the form will be submitted for review and approval processing.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.