New Resident Checklist
If you have just purchased or rented property in the City, you may want to read through our New Resident Checklist. Within 15 days of moving to Kentucky, you will want to be sure to:
- Register your Vehicle. Bring title, most current registration, proof of any previously paid sales tax, and current proof of insurance card to: Kenton County Clerk’s Motor Vehicle Office, 303 Court Street, Covington, KY 41011.
- Obtain a Kentucky Driver’s License. Bring current license, if any, and Social Security card to: Kenton County Justice Center, 230 Madison Avenue, 2nd Floor, Covington, KY 41011
- Register to Vote: Complete application at the Kenton County Clerk's Voter Registration Office, 303 Court Street, Covington, KY 41011
- Register your Child for school: See the Education page for some of your options.
- Register and License your Pets: Visit the Kenton County Animal Shelter website for an application form and instructions.
- Get familiar with your neighborhood and your Neighborhood Association: Visit our Neighborhoods page to find out which neighborhood you're located in.
- Find your trash collection day and sign up for recycling: Learn about rash and recycling collection and use our map to find your trash collection day on our Trash & Recycling page.