Make a Payment
You can pay your City of Covington Real Estate Tax Bill and Waste Fee Bill in one of the four following ways:
- Online: Visit the City's Search and Pay website at covingtonkytax.com.
- By Mail: P.O. Box 643749, Cincinnati, OH 45264.
- By Phone: By calling calling 859-292-2180.
- In person: Bring your bill and method of payment to the Finance Dept. pay window at City Hall, 20 W. Pike St., between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- After Hours Drop Box: If you are unable to make your payment during City Hall operating hours, you are able to bring your bill and payment to place in the "After Hours Drop Box" located outside of City Hall.
Real Estate Taxes
Real Estate Taxes are due by 4:30 p.m. on October 17th. If they are received after October 17th, they are considered delinquent and may incur penalties and interest. Please be advised that failure to receive a bill does not excuse you from penalty and or interest charges.
Please note: If you are unable to make your payment during City Hall operating hours, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, you are able to bring your bill and payment to the "After Hours Drop Box" located outside of City Hall. Payments dropped off after 4:30 p.m. on October 17 will be considered on time if received prior to October 18 at 8:00 a.m.
Your Real Estate Tax Bill shows:
- What you owe for property tax;
- Other property-related City agency charges;
- General information about how your tax is calculated.
For more information regarding your real estate tax bill, contact the City’s Finance Department at 859-292-2180.
If you have any questions or problems with your real estate tax assessment, please contact the Kenton County Property Value Administrator at 859-392-1750.
Beginning in 2017, the City of Covington, KY will no longer be mailing your trash bill for waste management services, instead Rumpke will be mailing your trash bill directly to you each quarter. You should remit payment directly to Rumpke, not to the City of Covington.
Rumpke offers several convenient payment options:
- Checks or Money Orders:Made payable to Rumpke and mailed to: Rumpke, P.O. Box 538709, Cincinnati, OH 45253
- Credit Card:
Rumpke accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover. Call 1-877-786-7537. A convenience fee will apply.
- Online Payment:
Rumpke offers a convenient online bill payment option. Visit www.rumpke.com for instructions on set-up.
Customers can pay bills at any Walmart Money Center or customer service desk. A convenience fee will apply.
For questions concerning your waste fee, contact Rumpke at 1-877-786-7537 or Covington@rumpke.com.
For fines, liens and other payments, please contact the City’s Finance Department at 859-292-2181 or see the list of finance forms.
For parking tickets please contact ABM Parking Services at 859-431-7049. All parking tickets can be paid at Midtown Garage, 501 Scott Boulevard, across from the Kenton County Library. Tickets can also be paid online at www.remit-online.com/859001.
For Emergency Medical Service bills, please contact the Covington Fire Department at 888-987-2083 or pay online at www.intermedix.com/billpay.